Rockwood Presbyterian Church was formed in 1861, with first services being held at SS#4 school on County Road 50, East of the village of Rockwood.
In 1867 a new church was built on Harris Street in Rockwood. The present site of Rockwood United Church.
After church union in 1925, those continuing Presbyterians met at the ‘Friend’s Church”, built in 1898, beside the mill and the river in the village of Rockwood.
In 1927, the Presbyterians bought that ‘Friend’s Church” from the Quakers.
Various groups within Rockwood Presbyterian Church, have been organized and utilized for Christian Service. Perhaps the oldest, the Women’s Missionary Society, was formed in 1899, then reformed after Church union in 1925. A second Ladies group, Twilight Auxiliary, commenced in 1957 and is still operational today.
Sunday School, Young People’s and various versions of Choir and Prayer Circle, have been active within Rockwood Presbyterian Church, from those early years to present day in 2016. All have contributed Christian Services in the congregation and the community at large.
In 2009, the congregation voted to proceed with an addition to the church building. This very aggressive move became a reality in 2011, when a fully accessible Sunday School/Meeting Room, washroom and small kitchenette were added to the front face of the existing church.
Rockwood Presbyterian Church celebrated its 153rd Anniversary in September, 2015. A long and storied history of active, faithful service continues, as a community of worshipers in the village of Rockwood Ontario.